Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Shot in the heart
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 am by stevenz

» Billy the Kid's Famous Photo
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm by Pippen

» New Book On John Chisum
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm by Cliff Caldwell

» New photo of Pat Garrett
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Garrett Family Photo
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am by DonnaT

» Happy Holidays Everyone!
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Happy Thanksgiving
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm by Russell Burrows

» Back again
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am by Russell Burrows

» Jack the Ripper
Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm by linda J

Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Gar

Our users have posted a total of 507 messages in 88 subjects

Howdy from Texas!

Go down 
+5
Russell Burrows
Cliff Caldwell
jaypo
Marcelle Brothers
Dave
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dave
Dave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:47 pm

Hey gang, ol Flycaster here...excited about this board and proud to be a member...like I told Marcelle yesterday in email....I'd better dust off my LCW and BTK books...it's been awhile...Marcelle the board looks great. Blessings to all

Happy trails
Flycaster[b]
Back to top Go down
Dave
Dave

Male Number of posts : 59

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:48 pm

p.s. Marcelle, will we be able to have avitars??

FC
Back to top Go down

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Hi Flycaster
Smile Glad to see you posting again. I'm sitting here looking out the window at the nine inches of snow we got here lastnight. Its pretty before anyone walks in it and before it gets dirty. I wish it was spring though.

Marcelle the site does look great!
Back to top Go down
Marcelle Brothers
Admin
Admin
Marcelle Brothers

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:49 pm

flycaster wrote:
p.s. Marcelle, will we be able to have avitars??

FC

Yes, you can. Go to your profile, at the top right corner of the page you'll see options...select avatar. From there you can select from the gallery or you could input your own avatar.

Thanks again for joining!!
Back to top Go down
https://aboutbillythekid.forumotion.net
Marcelle Brothers
Admin
Admin
Marcelle Brothers

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 8:55 pm

Ljm wrote:
Marcelle the site does look great!

Ah, thank you! Glad you like the look and hopefully the features work well for everyone. This board is different from my other board and even I'm still getting use to it. One thing I miss is the "spell check." I can't believe there's no spell check here! I'll have to pay better attention to my spelling now Wink
Back to top Go down
https://aboutbillythekid.forumotion.net
jaypo

Male Number of posts : 1

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Howdy, everybody! Good to see you here. I'll be stopping by frequently to take part in the discussions, but I just wanted to say hi today.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Caldwell

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-23

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Razz

Welcome Jaypo and Flycaster!!! Glad to see you made it over here to the “fantasy free zone”.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cclandandcattle.com/index.html
Russell Burrows

Male Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 12:21 am

Howdy Dave. It's good to see you on board.

Russ
Back to top Go down
Bronte
Bronte

Female Number of posts : 53

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 am

I just want to say hello to everyone.Marcelle, I love the new board and I'm looking forward to future studies of BTK and the LCW. Very Happy study
Back to top Go down
marksalois

marksalois

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:40 am

I'm gonna be lurking around here as well.

Damn nice to see all of you again!
Back to top Go down
marksalois

marksalois

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 7:46 am

Oops......forgot to thank Marcelle for the invite.

Thanx darlin'!! geek
Back to top Go down
Bill Van

Male Number of posts : 14

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:22 am

Dave, Its good to see you posting again. There are some serious very well informed researchers enjoying their interests here. I need to dust off my brain and review some of my books on BTK and LCW just to stay up with everyone. Marcelle has done a good job (again/as ususal).

Thank you Marcelle. Reading white on black really is less of a strain on my eyes and brain for some reason. pirat
Back to top Go down
Paul O'Brien aka paulo

Male Number of posts : 33

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:11 pm

Hi Marcelle I was happy and flattered to be one of the chosen...will continue my contrarian take on the fascinating LCW and hopefully keep the pot aboiling...

My own closest tenuous contact with the Old West was a friend,a venerable well known Canadian journalist and historian who as a young man had interviewed two old timers who had seen Soapy Smith shot in Skagway.Interestingly he said their accounts did'nt agree, so beware of recollections of oldtimers.

Before heading for the frozen north,where even the dead lie two in a bed,or so the legendary Eskimo Nell is reputed to have said,Soapy had run a saloon in Creede;the swamper there, Ed Kelley,had shot a guy called Bob Ford....... who was 'the dirty rotten coward who shot Mister Howard and laid Jesse James in his grave'

How come no one believes Jesse was'nt killed,unlike the BTK myths?.

And did the two really meet in Las Vegas?

Another friend wrote one of the Deadwood episodes the language of which would have upset his Minister dad;the good people of that intersting place did'nt swear much at all,especially in the presence of ladies.Watching the TV bowdlerization I could'nt help but chuckle that the fiercest swearer was named Swearingen.Made the whole thing ludicrous.

That friend gave me a book on Deadwood written by one of the early pioneers replete with colorful facts;was one of the group that exhumed Wild Bill when they were moving the cemetery there.He recounts the arrival in Deadwood together of Wild Bill,Colorado Charlie Utter(actually a Canadian) and Calamity Jane.Also writes intriguingly of a gunman named McCarty who killed a couple of men in a shootout;this guys buddy called him Billy the Kid.Writer says he was later killed by a sheriff in Arizona.Definitely was'nt our boyo even if it does sound like deja vu all over again.

Cheers everybody...Paulo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Howdy from Texas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy from Texas!   Howdy from Texas! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Howdy from Texas!
Page 1 of 1