Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Shot in the heart
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 am by stevenz

» Billy the Kid's Famous Photo
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm by Pippen

» New Book On John Chisum
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm by Cliff Caldwell

» New photo of Pat Garrett
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Garrett Family Photo
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am by DonnaT

» Happy Holidays Everyone!
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Happy Thanksgiving
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm by Russell Burrows

» Back again
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am by Russell Burrows

» Jack the Ripper
Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm by linda J

Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Gar

Our users have posted a total of 507 messages in 88 subjects

Garrett Family Photo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bronte
Bronte

Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-28

Garrett Family Photo Empty
PostSubject: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:07 pm

I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a picture of Pat Garrett with his wife and children included? I've seen a picure of Pat and his wife but I've never seen one of his children.If someone does have a photo of the Garrett clan would you post it on here so that all of us BTK fans could check it out.Thanks in advance. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Russell Burrows

Male Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 11:49 pm

Bronte wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find a picture of Pat Garrett with his wife and children included? I've seen a picure of Pat and his wife but I've never seen one of his children.If someone does have a photo of the Garrett clan would you post it on here so that all of us BTK fans could check it out.Thanks in advance. Very Happy

............................................................................................................

Beronte, I have seen a photo of Garrett and his wife but never one that included his children.

Russ
Back to top Go down
jimlyn

Male Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 3:39 am

There were five children listed in the 1900 census,however one child Ida had died already and one son wasn't born until 1904.I have wondered why no decendants don't enter into the defence of Pat.He certainly has been vilified over and over on various forums.If I were in his shoes, and in the same circumstance of suddenly being accosted by the very man I was hunting,I would have reacted as he did also.Maybe some family will see this thread and respond with their side of the story.
Back to top Go down
Russell Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:55 pm

jimlyn wrote:
There were five children listed in the 1900 census,however one child Ida had died already and one son wasn't born until 1904.I have wondered why no decendants don't enter into the defence of Pat.He certainly has been vilified over and over on various forums.If I were in his shoes, and in the same circumstance of suddenly being accosted by the very man I was hunting,I would have reacted as he did also.Maybe some family will see this thread and respond with their side of the story.

Jim, I have never understood that. While most of us have no use for Garrett, he was after all, the Lincoln County Sheriff and was doing what he was elected to to. Keep the peace and do away with the bad boys. When it gets right down to the bark on the tree, no one knows for sure what happened on 14 July, 1881. All we know for sure is a criminal under a death sentence was brought to justice.

Russ
Back to top Go down
Bronte
Bronte

Female Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:26 pm

I think it has to do with all of the half-truths or what most of us feel was a cover-up that has caused Garrett to be so disliked.I'm with you guys I find it strange that the modern Garrett's haven't spoken out on his behalf.
Back to top Go down
Russell Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 5:10 pm

Bronte wrote:
I think it has to do with all of the half-truths or what most of us feel was a cover-up that has caused Garrett to be so disliked.I'm with you guys I find it strange that the modern Garrett's haven't spoken out on his behalf.

Bronte:
It's hard to tell what was going through his mind. I suspect that he lived in fear for the rest of his life. First he was a hero then he beame a villian. All of the negavitive stuff must have had an effect on his family.

Russ
Back to top Go down
DonnaT

Female Number of posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 1:44 am

I have a video tape called "Sheriff Pat Garrett:Killer of Billy the Kid" that was produced in 1991 by Video Enterprises, Inc. It contains interviews with the grandchildren of Pat Garrett. They speak of him fondly and give the impression that despite all his failures at being a good provider, he was very much loved as a husband and father.

Pat's youngest child, Jarvis Garrett, was extensively interviewed by Leon Metz for his 1974 book "Pat Garrett:The Story of a Western Lawman". On page 263 is a picture of Jarvis, taken in 1972, holding a .41 caliber Colt of his father's. On page 274 is a picture of Mrs. Pat Garrett holding the gun that Pat used to kill Billy the Kid and it was taken about 1920. FYI, I've heard over the years that Jarvis was non too happy with Metz's book.

Of course, it is easy enough to do a Google Image search to find pictures of Pat's daughter Elizabeth as she was famous in her own right.
Back to top Go down
Russell Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 7:15 pm

DonnaT wrote:
I have a video tape called "Sheriff Pat Garrett:Killer of Billy the Kid" that was produced in 1991 by Video Enterprises, Inc. It contains interviews with the grandchildren of Pat Garrett. They speak of him fondly and give the impression that despite all his failures at being a good provider, he was very much loved as a husband and father.

Pat's youngest child, Jarvis Garrett, was extensively interviewed by Leon Metz for his 1974 book "Pat Garrett:The Story of a Western Lawman". On page 263 is a picture of Jarvis, taken in 1972, holding a .41 caliber Colt of his father's. On page 274 is a picture of Mrs. Pat Garrett holding the gun that Pat used to kill Billy the Kid and it was taken about 1920. FYI, I've heard over the years that Jarvis was non too happy with Metz's book.

Of course, it is easy enough to do a Google Image search to find pictures of Pat's daughter Elizabeth as she was famous in her own right.

Donna, I have never seen that video. Any idea where I can get it?

Russ
Back to top Go down
DonnaT

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:26 pm

I tried tracking down some copies about couple of years ago, but didn't have any luck.

I see on the web that the company who made the video, Video Enterprises, Inc is still around. They are located in Albuquerque and the website is www.videoent.tv Hopefully they are the same company. If they still have this production, I'd be very interested in getting a copy on DVD since all I have is a VHS.

After my dad died, I found the video among his things and I think he may have consulted on it in some way. Or he may have gotten his copy from Leon Metz. GOOD LUCK and let me know how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Russell Burrows

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:18 am

DonnaT wrote:
I tried tracking down some copies about couple of years ago, but didn't have any luck.

I see on the web that the company who made the video, Video Enterprises, Inc is still around. They are located in Albuquerque and the website is www.videoent.tv Hopefully they are the same company. If they still have this production, I'd be very interested in getting a copy on DVD since all I have is a VHS.

After my dad died, I found the video among his things and I think he may have consulted on it in some way. Or he may have gotten his copy from Leon Metz. GOOD LUCK and let me know how it works out.

Thanks Donna:
I'll search around and see what I can find and, I'll let you know.

Russ
Back to top Go down
DonnaT

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am

I just re-watched the video "Sheriff Pat Garrett: Killer of Billy the Kid" and the granddaughter interviewed was Helen Garrett Garner. I'd not noticed before or didn't remember that in this video is a photo of at least 2 of the Garrett children, Poe and Annie. There are 3 other smaller children that I believe are also Garrett children but they are specifically identified. There is no mention in the credits, where this photo came from.

Lots of good stuff in this video, but nothing really we don't already know. It's the personal interview that are unique as well as the photos and video footage of what some of these notable places look like now including Garrett's ranch in Roswell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Garrett Family Photo   Garrett Family Photo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Garrett Family Photo
Page 1 of 1