Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Shot in the heart
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 am by stevenz

» Billy the Kid's Famous Photo
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm by Pippen

» New Book On John Chisum
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm by Cliff Caldwell

» New photo of Pat Garrett
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Garrett Family Photo
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am by DonnaT

» Happy Holidays Everyone!
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Happy Thanksgiving
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm by Russell Burrows

» Back again
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am by Russell Burrows

» Jack the Ripper
Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm by linda J

Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Gar

Our users have posted a total of 507 messages in 88 subjects

Closure of the Old BTK message board

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marcelle Brothers
Admin
Admin
Marcelle Brothers

Female Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Closure of the Old BTK message board Empty
PostSubject: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:25 am

Tonight on May 6, 2009, I completely shut down the "old" BTK message board, but I couldn't bring myself to nuke it completely into cyberspace. There was some good information posted there, despite the weeds and bad apples that got in the way. So, I closed the board down from public viewing and deleted all the members, BUT......I allowed the members of THIS board, to still gain access. If you still have your account and a link to the board, you can get in.

The reason for doing so is it will give us a reference to go back to, since there was good info on that board that deserves preservation, despite the bull-nonsense.

The removal of member’s accounts was tedious and confusing, and I know I deleted at least TWO members of this board’s account, PURELY by accident. So if ANY of you cannot gain access, please let me know and I will correct the problem.

I’m also in the process of updating the ABOUT BILLY THE KID WEBSITE. Since the message board is gone, I created a new BULLETIN BOARD page for announcements.

Lastly, if you haven’t already, please vote on the poll posted in this forum about improving this board, so I can correct the glitches and invite more folks.

Thank you all!!

P.S. Sorry for not being around lately, but I'm working updating my website.
Back to top Go down
https://aboutbillythekid.forumotion.net
Cliff Caldwell

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:41 pm

Marcelle,
Thanks for the update. I went in to the old board and nuked my own account and deleted all of my posts. I hated to do it, but so many of the recent posts were in response to posts by some of the crazies. It bothered me to have legitimate history mixed with fiction.

Cliff
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.cclandandcattle.com/index.html
Marcelle Brothers
Admin
Admin
Marcelle Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:51 pm

Yes, I noticed some other members deleted their own posts. Sorry to see you nuked yours, because you had some informative stuff and since only we can access the board, we know what's fiction and what's legit. No worries though, it's your content. We'll just have to wait for your next Billy the Kid book Wink
Back to top Go down
wildbill

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:13 am

My first time on this new board, have'nt been too involved for a while due to health problems, now my son has to have a hip replacement, hated to see the old board close, I enjoyed it, but glad I was invited on this one, not used to this one yet, but time will improve that, will have more to say later.
Back to top Go down
Marcelle Brothers
Admin
Admin
Marcelle Brothers

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 3:26 am

Hi Wildbill, GOOD TO SEE YOU!! Thanks for coming by for a hello. I understand about lack of time, I'm rather stretched thin myself lately. I'm currently updating my website, so I haven't been around here too much -forgive me everyone.

I also want to try and improve the appearance of this board since it seems it's too dark for some. Then I'm pondering the idea of going back to Proboards (the old board's format), but that means we have to start over fresh and lose the discussions we got going here.

I hope your health problems wasn't too serious and that you're feeling better. I hope for a quick recovery for your son as well.
Back to top Go down
Cliff Caldwell

Male Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Marcelle,
After using this board for a while now I think the main drawback is no spell check. It is harder to navigate (I think) and harder to look at, but having to type a post in MS Word and do a "cut and paste" is kind of a pain. But....I can live with it if everyone else can.

Cliff
Back to top Go down
http://www.cclandandcattle.com/index.html
Russell Burrows

Male Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:28 pm

Marcelle Brothers wrote:
Tonight on May 6, 2009, I completely shut down the "old" BTK message board, but I couldn't bring myself to nuke it completely into cyberspace. There was some good information posted there, despite the weeds and bad apples that got in the way. So, I closed the board down from public viewing and deleted all the members, BUT......I allowed the members of THIS board, to still gain access. If you still have your account and a link to the board, you can get in.

The reason for doing so is it will give us a reference to go back to, since there was good info on that board that deserves preservation, despite the bull-nonsense.

The removal of member’s accounts was tedious and confusing, and I know I deleted at least TWO members of this board’s account, PURELY by accident. So if ANY of you cannot gain access, please let me know and I will correct the problem.

I’m also in the process of updating the ABOUT BILLY THE KID WEBSITE. Since the message board is gone, I created a new BULLETIN BOARD page for announcements.

Lastly, if you haven’t already, please vote on the poll posted in this forum about improving this board, so I can correct the glitches and invite more folks.

Thank you all!!

P.S. Sorry for not being around lately, but I'm working updating my website.

Thanks Marcelle. I like the new look.

Russ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Closure of the Old BTK message board   Closure of the Old BTK message board I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Closure of the Old BTK message board
Page 1 of 1