Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Shot in the heart
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 am by stevenz

» Billy the Kid's Famous Photo
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm by Pippen

» New Book On John Chisum
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm by Cliff Caldwell

» New photo of Pat Garrett
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Garrett Family Photo
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am by DonnaT

» Happy Holidays Everyone!
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Happy Thanksgiving
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm by Russell Burrows

» Back again
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am by Russell Burrows

» Jack the Ripper
some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm by linda J

Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Gar

Our users have posted a total of 507 messages in 88 subjects

some thoughts on De Aragon photo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave
Dave

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2009-01-28

some thoughts on De Aragon photo Empty
PostSubject: some thoughts on De Aragon photo   some thoughts on De Aragon photo I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 6:17 am

I was going through my picture file a few minutes ago and brought up my clean copy of the De Aragon photo and just sat for awhile and let the picture speak to me in a sense and my thinking as of now is that the image of the lad is probably not Billy as I perceive him. I strongly believe that our photos help others visualize our personalities to some degree..."who we are"...William Bonney was described by many authors and those who knew him as a pretty happy go lucky sort of guy and I honestly believe that he must have been pretty darn cocky to boot which would go along to his popularity with many who knew him. As i sat and studied the De Aragon photo I detected a sadness or sense of detachment in the young man. I'm not saying that Billy the Kid was not ever studious or perhaps even melancholy but I'll betcha a bag of doughnuts if you were to point a camera in his direction, he would tilt that head and give you a smirk or grin that would seem to be more consistent with his personality as we know it.
As you can tell, alledged photos of BTK are one of my passions and they just fascinate the heck out of me. There are some folks on some of the other forums who have found old tintypes at antique stores and swear up and down that they are BTK but my guess is that they are simply old tintypes of young men who have some facial similarities to Bonney and are of the same general time period but they have no provenance of any kind and I suspect the owners want so badly to say they own a photo of BTK that it slants their objectivity....hey, who wouldn't to caim ownership of an image of BTK?...I sure think Luz Jaramillo does, but that's just one man's opinion.

Happy trails to all

Dave
"Eres tu, Chivato"
Back to top Go down

some thoughts on De Aragon photo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: About Billy the Kid :: William H. Bonney aka Billy the Kid-
Jump to: