Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Shot in the heart
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 am by stevenz

» Billy the Kid's Famous Photo
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm by Pippen

» New Book On John Chisum
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm by Cliff Caldwell

» New photo of Pat Garrett
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Garrett Family Photo
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am by DonnaT

» Happy Holidays Everyone!
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Happy Thanksgiving
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm by Russell Burrows

» Back again
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am by Russell Burrows

» Jack the Ripper
A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm by linda J

Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Gar

Our users have posted a total of 507 messages in 88 subjects

A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DonnaT

Female Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-28

A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien Empty
PostSubject: A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien   A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:26 pm

As a very new member of the WildWest History Association, I recently received my copy of the WWHA Journal Vol. II No.4 August 2009. On page 40, I found a unexpected surprise.

In it, Paul O'Brian has a nice article about the mysterious "Dummy" who had a notable presence during the Lincoln Cty War and whom no one seems to have known anything about.

My deepest thanks go out to Paul for mentioning in his article, the importance of my dad, Robert Barron's, published transcripts of the Dudley Court of Inquiry, and to myself for making this important document available to scholars, historians and interested parties of the Lincoln County War.

Though the first printing of the 2 Volume Set has been sold out for quite sometime, I have struggled to commit to a second printing due to the heavy cost of self-publishing. However, it matters a great deal to know how highly this work is thought of and I believe it is time to find a way for a second printing.

Thank you again Paul for giving up precious article space to acknowledge myself and my dad. It is indeed an honor.
Back to top Go down
Chris Lampe

Male Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-06-13

A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien   A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:23 pm

Donna,

I have a full shelf of books on Billy the Kid and the Lincoln County War and the two volumes of the Dudley Court of Inquiry are at the top of the list (only one book comes close and that is Nolan's "A Documentary History") in importance for studying the Lincoln County War. You and your father have done an incredible service for us LCW enthusiasts.

Thank you!

Chris
Back to top Go down

A Big Thank You to Paul O'Brien
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Lincoln County War-
Jump to: