Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortal*Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Shot in the heart
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 am by stevenz

» Billy the Kid's Famous Photo
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:41 pm by Pippen

» New Book On John Chisum
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 10:42 pm by Cliff Caldwell

» New photo of Pat Garrett
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 6:51 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Garrett Family Photo
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am by DonnaT

» Happy Holidays Everyone!
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 9:26 pm by Marcelle Brothers

» Happy Thanksgiving
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 4:15 pm by Russell Burrows

» Back again
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 am by Russell Burrows

» Jack the Ripper
The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:49 pm by linda J

Statistics
We have 21 registered users
The newest registered user is Gar

Our users have posted a total of 507 messages in 88 subjects

The Garrett Book

Go down 
+9
jimlyn
Bronte
Craig S.
Russell Burrows
Marcelle Brothers
DonnaT
Dave
Cliff Caldwell
marksalois
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Bronte
Bronte

Female Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2009-01-28

The Garrett Book - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Garrett Book   The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 1:14 am

I know someone who's birthday is 6-12-70 pretty close huh?
Back to top Go down
stevenz

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Garrett Book   The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:21 am

Paul O'Brien aka paulo wrote:
Check that addendum in the Garrett book I previously mentioned and note Pat's remarks about accusations he did'nt fight the Kid on the square.

Given Bonney's proclivities of killing without warning,preferably from behind an adobe wall,who can blame him.

Poe said the Kid drew his pistol before going in to the room.

How come none of you guys believe the evidence of the men who were there?

And to change that ossifying subject...who all was in the McSween house July 19,1878, and who ran first?

It,s worth noting that everyone in the Lincoln country war was killing from ambush that ,s what happens in gang fights and Garrett killed everyone he faced from ambush not just the Kid.
Back to top Go down
stevenz

Male Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2009-01-29

PostSubject: Re: The Garrett Book   The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 12:28 am

Pippen wrote:
I'm not a conspiracy-theorist, so I believe in Garretts and Poe's version till there should be more evidence. Both accounts match pretty well and if you consider the span of time between the two accounts and the two independent sources (Garrett, Poe) there is no reason to believe in movie-like-weird scenarios.

But of course one can discuss the little details: Did Billy have a gun or not? Did Garrett hear Billy talking to Poe before Billy entered the room and did P. Maxwell told him "it's him" before Billy entered the room, so that when Billy actually entered the room Garrett had already a clue and shot him kind of in coldblood?

But at the end Garretts version makes perfect common sense. Garrett gets a hint that Billy in in the Ft. Sumner area. So he sneaks in with just 3 men. He knows Billy could come to the Maxwell house, but on the other side he knows that Billy knows that everybody would expect him there so chances are very thin for a smart Kid to come there. But - so what - he tries to get some new info from the Maxwell house. Coincidently the meet in the dark bedroom. Billy talks to Maxwell and Garrett gets a clue from the voice that it could be Billy plus Maxwell is telling "it's him"...Garrett is a coward-type of human so he takes chances first, even if he would kill the wrong man just for the sake of his own advantage whereas Billy is more confused and reluctant to pull the trigger (if he had a gun) in the house of his friend against an unknown guy. The end.

Everyone entitled to there opinion but i don,t believe Garretts version he stated that the kid came and sat next to him on the bed and noticed Grrett when he moved this is so hard to believe the kid would have to be blind to be sitting right next to someone and not see them.

And why on earth would Maxwell have to tell Garrett it was the kid when Garrett had dealt with the kid for months and knew his voice well.

The kid was killed that night no doubt but i don,t believe the story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Garrett Book   The Garrett Book - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Garrett Book
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2